Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Top 20 Things I Miss Most About Being A Kid

As the title suggests there are many things that I miss about being a young kid. Now that I am getting older I find the phrase "you don't know what you have until its gone" is especially applicable as I find many of the things listed hold different meanings or don't exist anymore. I have actually given a lot of thought to what the top twenty are:
  1. Christmas
  2. Johnny Quest
  3. Field Days
  4. Start of Summer Vacation
  5. New Micro Machines
  6. Thinking Nothing Would Ever Top the Super Nintendo
  7. Sick Days When Your Mom Would Cook You Soup
  8. Night Games
  9. Family Reunions
  10. Not Having to Pay For Anything
  11. Bowl Cuts
  12. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  13. Always Being Outside
  14. The NOW 1 Cassette Tape
  15. Cassette Tapes
  16. Thinking 10 PM Was Late
  17. Agreeing 100% With Your Parents On Everything (Unless you were getting in trouble)
  18. Legos
  19. Snow Days
  20. Riding In the Back of the Bus/Bus Rides in General
Reporting in between homework,
Chad

7 comments:

Naomi Dawn said...

:Haha! Oh my goodness I totally know what you mean! All of the things that used to be so exciting back then are now non-existant or you only receive on RARE occasions! ... Oh the joy of growing older! ... I think the things I miss the most from my childhood is the excitment of everything and how carefree it all was! I totally miss the Ninja Turtles and playing with my brothers on the Nintendo!! oh man! good times!! :)

Britton said...

Chadley. To those about to rock, we salute you.

emojens said...

i miss the days and hours leading up to Halloween... oh... i still get excited about that... nm.

Tyson Call said...

Excellent post. GI Joes. I would play with them until the little rubber band in their middle would break and my mom would replace it with a crappy one.

They never fought the same...

Barry said...

Oh, Chad. You've NAILED it, my friend! I remember seeing the graphics of super nintendo and being absolutely certain that nothing would ever come close.

Ahh... the playful ignorance of childhood.

Natalie Call said...

BARBIES!

Morgan LaRee said...

Chad, story for you: at work I sign people up for efy and this whole week, I've had people calling in so mad I'm glad they're not in front of me.. because then I'd be dead. And, perfect timing, you told me about your blog the night before it all started. They've been what keeps me happy. I love your writing. Very funny. And I grew up on Legos and Super Nintendo--two brothers.