Sunday, October 5, 2008

Digg Sucks Now

This post isn't going to be a piece of writing that I will revise, fix, and straighten out to transform it into something that I could turn into my Comm 3600 teacher and get an A+ on. Instead I am simply going to write an unedited, bias post about my growing disappointment in the website Digg.com.

Quite simply, Digg used to rock. So much in fact that much of my free, pre-Facebook "Internet Browsing" time was spent on the site trying to find stories that interested me or submit witty comments that would be rated by fellow diggers.

I started visiting Digg on a regular basis nearly 3 years ago, back when the website was based around technological stories and developments. The website slowly evolved to include prominent news events, various images, and politics. In the last year, however, Digg has made a rapid change from the roots of what the website was founded on to a bias, one-sided democratic war machine that spits out PR and spin from left wing hell. I can't remember the last time I have logged on and seen a "top news stories" list that hasn't included a title saying "McCain lies about Iraq", "Obama give awesome speech on change", or "Palin is a crack whore who just wants to bare McCain's child".

I am so very sick of anything having to do with radical, irrational. left-wing liberalism on Digg that my visiting has slimmed down significantly, logging on only to find the new episode of Zero Punctuation and hoping to see a hilarious LOLCat. Digg me down if you must, but, for the love of everyone who isn't an Obama fanatic, stop flooding my Top Story section with pointless, repetitive, bias, liberal PR pieces of &@#% stories.

Love,
Chad (paintballing66)

3 comments:

Bags said...

Soon Digg will just be another Youtube.

Tyson Call said...

I agree 100%. All of the top stories right now are just nit-picky sensationalist garbage. Literally right now the #2 story is "McCain Didn't Think Osama Bin Laden Was A Bad Guy In 1998!!" How lame is that. I don't care who you want to vote for, that is just childish.

emojens said...

WOW chad I swear you just pulled that directly from my mind. I hate digg for that reason. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that thinks that!
-jeff