Monday, April 20, 2009

Guster, please follow me on Twitter

Dear Guster,

My name is Chad Waite. I have been a big fan of you guys since I first heard your Lost and Gone Forever album back in 2003. Probably not your biggest fan, I admit, but devout enough to buy your CDs, concert tickets, and even a $20 tee-shirt at one of your concerts (which I still wear with pride today).

I have a genuine appreciation for both your unique style of music and your ability to recreate it perfectly (if not better) live. Brian's out-of-this-world drumming abilities are especially awesome to me- something that was not fully appreciated till I saw him playing bare-handed in SLC, Utah. As a fellow drummer myself, Brian has influenced my style in more than one way. On top of that, one of my band's* favorite covers is Ramona.

So as a super loyal fan and vowing my undying allegiance to be a Gusterhoid for life, I have one request of the band that I admire so much: please follow me on Twitter. I promise I don't post stupid tweets and it will give me stellar bragging rights. In fact, I don't know what else it will accomplish besides that fact that I can say, "Wow, my idols follow me on Twitter. Do yours? No? Haha, I win."

So there you have it. Guster, if you actually have read this just know you rock my socks off... and that my Twitter name is itvchad.

-- Chad Waite, The Daily Derbi

* Band is used simply as a term to describe an apartment full of half musically "talented" college students annoying their neighbors on a more than consistent basis.

P.S. Yes, this post is for-rizzle. I really hope Guster reads this.

3 comments:

Britton said...

PS Guster come to Salt Lake

My word verification word this time is fackle.

Michelle said...

Chad that is AWESOME that they are following you!

Chad Waite said...

I know! Seriously, I am so blown away that worked. How awesome is Guster!?