Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Hotelicopter?!


Holy crap. Sometimes I just run across news that I absolutely have to share. Have you ever been on a cruise but wished you were actually on a cruise in the sky? If the answer to that is yes then you should look into getting a room on the world's first Hotelicopter.

I am not making this up. This HUGE helicopter is a reconditioned, Russian made Mil V-12 and is a fully functional flying hotel. There are 18 spacious rooms complete with all the accommodations of a 5-star hotel and, although specific prices have not been released, will probably cost more than Barry Manilow's right leg. It even includes a full-service spa called the Skyspa! Its maiden voyage is scheduled for this summer.

Now I am not sure if this will revolutionize the way people start to take a vacation, but I am pretty sure it's a good alternative for the billionaires who didn't get to go to space.

- Chad

P.S. Holy crap, I still can't believe this is real. My 12-year-old geeky side is having a heyday.


***UPDATE: The inaugural tour is scheduled to start June 26th, 2009, according to the company's Twitter account***

1 comment:

Tyson Call said...

It is a hoax. No hotelicopter for you.

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2009/03/30/hotelicopter-is-not.html

http://i.gizmodo.com/5191064/the-hotelicopter-outed-as-a-fake