Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Google's Most Important Websites (Nerd Alert!)

Google has some pretty nifty free gadgets. Among those is a complicated algorithm developed at Stanford University called Page Rank. Basically this little doodad measures the popularity and importance of websites based on a scale from 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest). 1-3 is most common while a 10 is incredibly hard to achieve. All of the ranking is done by a super complex math/computer formula that wikipedia tried to explain to me (but failed terribly).

My curious side kicked in though as I began to wonder what websites were ranked at the coveted 10 out of 10 spot. The list is quite small:
Kinda interesting what made the list and what didn't. I thought a few currently popular sites like twitter.com or apple.com would have made the cut. But I can't even get past the wiki page. If any of you know of additional websites that rank a 10, let me know.

Chad

No comments: