Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pandora to have audio ads

Apparently Pandora is going to add audio advertising to the free customizable internet radio station. Pandora says the ads won't be too "intrusive" but I don't really see how an advertisement interrupting your music lineup could pass off as none-intrusive.

There also isn't any word if the change will affect the iPhone application. Either way, I don't think people should complain too much due to the fact that this service is free in the first place. Pandora has to pay the bills somehow and I think many users knew that this kind of shift was coming.

What do you think?

Chad

2 comments:

Bags said...

I think Last.FM is better anyway... as is TheSixtyOne.com. Try them out. Thank me later.

Barry said...

I think it's fine. Pandora offers a great product. It's absolutely great that they'll be making money with it now.